Back To All Jobs Custody Compliance Director
New York, New York
Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity by helping create an open financial system for the world. We are focused on making digital currency accessible to everyone. We are guided by these principles: be the most trusted company in our industry and create products that are easy to use.
The Custody Compliance Director will be responsible for managing the Compliance risk of our Coinbase Custody Product and for building out a Team of professionals to assist them in this task. This person will help the Compliance team prepare for critical changes in the market by designing, implementing, and managing compliance processes that allows the business to scale. The person will be based in our New York office and should anticipate some travel between NY and our headquarters in SF. Responsibilities
- Identify, and mitigate the compliance risks of Coinbase Custody
- Build out and implement on-boarding policies for different client types in different geographies
- Partner with Legal, Sales, Risk, Product and others to ensure the successful rollouts of new products
- Provide regular reports to leadership
- Represent Coinbase Custody to regulators and business partners
- Review escalations generated regarding clients and provide approvals
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 7+ years in a relevant compliance function, previous management experience preferred.
- Experience onboarding complex global institutional clients
- Solutions-oriented mindset with a willingness to partner with the Business to grow revenues and market share in a prudent and commercial way
- Extensive knowledge of applicable laws and regulations
- CAMS or similar license and FINRA Series 7,24, and 99 a plus