Back To All Jobs Manager, Regulatory Affairs
San Francisco, CA
We are building a world-class legal team to support Coinbase and its affiliates as we continue to expand the company internationally. We are looking to hire exceptional Regulatory Affairs Director to help manage our compliance with applicable state and federal regulatory frameworks.
The Director, Regulatory Affairs is based in our headquarters in San Francisco, CA and will report directly to the VP of Legal. Working closely with legal team colleagues, senior customer support, and compliance staff throughout the company, you will lead an operations team responsible for sustaining a positive working relationship with state money transmission regulatory agencies, ensuring day-to-day compliance with related laws, and responding to inquiries from agencies and customer complaints. You will work with the compliance and finance teams to ensure all regulatory filings are timely and complete. You will also take a leadership role in advising the company on all aspects of state and federal consumer protection regimes, particularly as it relates to consumer disclosures, handling of complaints (including state Attorneys General and Consumer Financial Protection Bureau complaints), and other aspects of customer operations. Responsibilities:
- Manage and scale the company's state regulatory and federal consumer protection compliance processes.
- Advise legal team colleagues and members of the compliance, finance, and support teams team on company obligations arising under state money transmitter laws, unclaimed property laws, and other consumer financial protection laws.
- Support engagement with state and federal authorities, bank partners, and other third parties on consumer protection matters and Bank Secrecy Act compliance.
- In consultation with product engineering teams, draft and timely file the company's responses to consumer complaints submitted through third-party or government portals.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Successful experience as a team manager in a fast-paced and dynamic compliance environment. Ten years of relevant experience is required.
- Creative leader committed to continuous learning and commitment to building a successful working relationship with operational staff and business colleagues.
- Operational experience at a financial services firm is strongly preferred, including familiarity with the Electronic Fund Transfer Act and its implementing regulations, including Reg E, state money transmitter laws, and the Bank Secrecy Act and related implementing regulations and guidance in relation to Money Services Businesses.
- Seasoned judgement, analytical rigor, and enthusiastic collaboration with legal and business colleagues is critical.
- Bachelor's degree required, juris doctorate preferred.