Want to transform the financial industry? Abra is working on the world's first multi-currency, multi-crypto mobile wallet that lets you buy, sell, hold, and send fiat and cryptocurrencies all in the palm of your hand. Position Overview
As the Senior Visual Designer at ABRA, you will not only create and own our design system, you will be a key influencer in the overall branding and be responsible for bringing the app to life through intuitive and clean design and delightful, yet thoughtful interactions.
You will be a part of the full end-to-end design process and will work collaboratively with product, UX, engineers, and marketing. You will work closest with the UX and product teams, where you will gain exposure to (and at times, participate in gathering) all the information you need to design with purpose: roadmap planning, concept testing, persona development, design reviews for engineers, and more.
Your main deliverables will be an updated and scalable design system, pixel-perfect mocks, and interactive prototypes that showcase the intended behavior and interactions in the UX. Key Responsibilities
Valued Skills and Requirements
- Establish the look and feel of the ABRA app and own/maintain the ABRA design system and brand design
- Design interactions that make the app useful, intuitive, and delightful to its target users
- Define animations and transitions on the app
- Deliver pixel-perfect mocks to developers and collaborate to ensure vision for design is reflected in the app itself
- Collaborate closely with UX and product to maintain a high standard of user-focused design
- Create digital designs for marketing, advertising, and PR
- Influence maturation of the ABRA design team
- Experience designing UI for mobile apps (both Android & iOS)
- Experience creating and maintaining a design system for mobile experiences that scale across different device sizes
- Experience in UX or working with UX team
- Strong familiarity Apple's HIG and Material Design
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, lean environment
- Ability to share and champion your ideas in a cross-functional team
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with team, communicating early and often
- A love for consistency, efficiency, and delivering value through UI
- Ability to dive into the details, while still maintaining a view of the bigger picture. Ability to see trends in elements and components used in the app and turn them into a cohesive design system
- Willingness to go beyond the job description to support the team (and the company's) success
- Bonus: experience creating interactive prototypes and motion design
An interest in cryptocurrencies, blockchains, and/or financial investing is a plus, but not required.
This is a full-time, paid position in Mountain View, California. We will not respond to applications that require full-time remote work. We are committed to building a culturally diverse company and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.