Abra is looking for a talented director of product marketing to help define and deliver the next generation features of our cryptocurrency investment app to our rapidly growing user base. Reporting to the CEO, you will lead in a central role in leading product announcements and launches. You'll work closely with the product management and user experience teams to acquire customer insights and turn them into actionable marketing plans and communications across multiple channels. You must have prior product marketing experience in consumer technology (B2C) to be considered. Knowledge and Interest in cryptocurrencies is a plus.
Education and Skill Requirements:
- Define product positioning and messaging. Work with the product & engineering teams to understand the product roadmap and create clear positioning and benefits; communicate this to in-country marketing teams and to the end user
- Conduct competitive analysis. Understand broadly the options our consumers and business have, and our relative strengths and weaknesses
- Develop and implement go to market plans. Work across the team and the organization to run the go-to-market for new feature launches
- Manage the Abra website . Create content for the website and manage external design and web development resources as needed. Manage the localization process as we expand into different countries. Own website analytics, content marketing, and SEO.
- Craft in-product communication . Work with product management and engineering to communicate features, benefits, and flows within the Abra app. Craft product briefs, value prop messaging, FAQs, and in-product language.
- Create educational tools such as videos, tutorials, and guides.
- Conduct in-person events. Represent Abra at select conferences and events
- Manage Abra's social media presence.
- "Other Stuff." We're a small group and everyone wears many hats. Be prepared to be flexible and take on additional responsibilities as required. As the organization grows, your responsibilities will shift.
- Degrees: BS degree, MS/MBA a plus.
- Consumer Product marketing experience. 7 or more years of product marketing experience in consumer technology.
- Strong knowledge of and interest in bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
- Strong leadership skills. Ability to create and carry strategy and vision across the organization to influence positioning, messaging and cross-channelplans.
- Exceptional analytical skills. Ability to use data or proxy data support decisions and plans.
- Excellent written and verbal communication. This job requires a lot of writing. Being able to communicate clearly and concisely is essential. There is no copywriter. The copywriter is you.
- Highly customer focused. A good product marketer is always trying to learn more about the consumer, what they care about, and what will resonate. You'll be one of a few key people disseminating customer insights within the organization, and the main voice in communicating outward.
- Curious. We're building something new here. The right candidate will approach the opportunity with fresh eyes.
- Biased towards action. At the end of the day, insights are only as good if they're translated into action. Move fast.
- Highly organized. You'll be juggling a lot, and managing a lot of resources.
- Experience with market research. As part of your process, you will employ a variety of market research techniques, including 1:1 interviews, focus groups, and short surveys.