Back To All Jobs Global Travel Manager
Remote / Any Location
Coinbase's vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more intuitive to use.
Coinbase is looking for an experienced Global Travel Manager who can build a world class travel and background check function. In this role you will work across many functions at Coinbase to establish a travel function where you are overseeing all aspects of Executive, Employee and Candidate travel.Responsibilities:
- Build and run a world class Travel program including air, hotel, ground transportation, etc.
- Supervise and adjudicate background check program conducted by 3rd party background vendor
- Manage travel risk assessment program
- Conduct regular reviews of travel operations and identify areas of improvement and minimize risk.
- Host travel briefings and training sessions on travel policy and safety practices.
- Create a strategy and philosophy for the background check program including processes, best practices and compliance
- Set, approve, and review contractor and vendor background requirements
- Previous experience with corporate travel
- Experienced user of travel programs Concur, Corporate Traveler, BCD, Pana, or similar.
- Experience with International SOS, iJET, or other travel risk platforms
- Prior experience in corporate travel, fleet, and event management related activities
- Experience dealing with and negotiating with major vendors including but not limited to, airlines, hotels, transport
- Experience in travel lifecycle management
- Adaptable communication style, comfortable with one-on-one executive communications, large group presentations and anything in-between
- Driven and motivated individual that requires general direction and drives projects to completion.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Comfortable holding multiple roles and working in a startup environment.
- Executive protection or executive travel experience
- Experience working with a Global Security Operations Center
- Experience managing emergency notification system
- Event planning and event security experience