If you have a strong passion for blockchain and cryptocurrencies, as well as a desire to do something that has never been done before but still solves specific problems in the largest markets in the world and delivers real product with a real revenue model, we want to hear from you.
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in core Java and/or C++ (Java as priority but ideally both)
- Hands-on experience with developing on at least one backend blockchain codebase, whether proprietary (e.g., Chain) or open source (e.g., Hyperledger) -- not just building apps on top
- Strong understanding of the cryptographic principles and data dependencies underpinning blockchain technologies
- Experience and understanding of major consensus protocols, asymmetric encryption, Merkle trees, hash functions, key-value database, P2P communication protocols
- Experience and understanding of transaction scripting and smart contracts, especially Bitcoin style conditionalized transactions
- Understanding of key areas of Blockchain research including data privacy, confidential transactions, side chains and pegging, sharding and other scaling methodologies
- Strong sense of ownership, passion to build quality products for massive scale in collaborative, agile environment and excitement to learn
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- A degree in Computer Science / Mathematics or equivalent work experience in a field utilizing the same subject matter
- 5+ years of development experience developing production grade, multi-threaded, enterprise client/server software using Java stack.
- Experience contributing to the architecture, design, and implementation of Blockchain technologies like Chain, Corda and Hyperledger
- Understanding of microservices architecture
- Recognized expertise in blockchain applications as evidenced by industry participation, publications and/or awards
- Detailed and verifiable understanding of blockchain architectures including detailed knowledge of how various blockchain platforms differ.
- Experience with consensus protocols in commonly used languages such as C, C++, Java
- Experience in building distributed databases, networking protocols, or large-scale transaction systems
- Experience developing large scale, highly available distributed systems and protocol design
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and distributed systems fundamentals.
- Strong understanding of databases, NoSQL systems, storage and distributed persistence technologies.
- Experience with some of the following: Concurrency and synchronization, Common IPC/RPC methods and patterns, Queuing patterns and pipeline design, Messaging systems and patterns, Virtual memory management
What you’ll be doing
- Work closely with company leadership to define roadmap and extend an existing custom blockchain implementation in Java
- Write high caliber code on a daily basis to satisfy time sensitive production product development as well as R&D projects
- Collaborate with CTO, blockchain engineers and math wizards and undertake R&D projects to create novel hybrid solutions to solve problems while maintaining extreme performance requirements without trading off guarantees blockchain provides
- Help develop blockchain product specs
- Collaboratively define blockchain systems architecture and best practices
- Document best practices and act as a knowledgeable resource for blockchain engineering and problem-solving.
Bonus Points For:
- Sense of humor
- Published Blockchain-related research
- Published cryptography research
- Experience or genuine interest in trading and exchanges
- Experience in P2P networking
- A Master’s in Computer Science / Mathematics or equivalent work experience in a field utilizing the same
What You Get:
- The excitement and fulfillment of solving the biggest problems in the largest markets for top global clients using real blockchain technology
- Very competitive salary and equity in a well-funded and high growth startup backed by prominent investors
- Substantial career opportunities and upside to match your passion for what we do
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited vacation time
- SF preferred, remote considered for exceptional candidates only
Why Join OTCXN:
You will be working with a team that will have a profound impact at the crossroads of blockchain and capital markets infrastructure. Building world-class disruptive technologies requires vision, persistence, innovation, and a deep belief that nothing is impossible. We are looking for smart people who are not risk adverse and want to build something that will be universally recognized as a world first. We aspire to provide a working environment, culture and leadership team that foster continuous improvement on a daily basis, offering transparency, ownership and integrity. Join our proven and successful management team in executing one of the most ambitious global projects in the blockchain space.