Back To All Jobs Director of Security - Coinbase Custody
New York, NY
Coinbase stores and secures more digital currency than any company in the world through its brokerage and exchange platforms. Coinbase Custody now leverages our experience in world class digital asset custody security technology to serve institutional customers needing crypto asset custody services.
Given that breaches are the number one cause of death amongst digital currency companies, security is core to our mission and has been a key competitive differentiator for us as we scale. If you are a financial services veteran looking to lead security innovation and strategy in an emerging, high-stakes, high-intensity environment, we'd like to speak with you about joining our Coinbase Custody leadership team to shape the future of institutional-scale cryptocurrency investment.
We work on security policy shaping, setting insurance market standards, and educating the market on holistic security solutions for the dynamic crypto asset ecosystem. Responsibilities
- Provide visionary security leadership to direct strategy, operations, and budget for the protection of the Custody product information and securities assets
- Direct strategy for security engineering and architecture, customer compliance, security governance, privacy, risk, and IT compliance for custody applications and services
- Leverage and advocate cutting edge technology and engineering processes to support the Custody product roadmap and defends against advanced threat models
- Partner with Custody clients to support audit engagements
- Lead the design of a security organization that balances the need for high quality security services with the need for high quality, high velocity custody business services
- Previous security leadership experience
- Experienced with strategic security planning with IT, development teams, and customers
- Clear and empathetic communicator
- Experienced establishing and approving security policies, controls, and cyber incident response programs
- Ability to perform system analysis of investigations after breaches or incidents, including impact analysis and making strategic recommendations for avoiding similar vulnerabilities
- Ability to assess and manage privacy risks, policies, and control implementation
- Continuous learner who maintains a current understanding of the the full crypto and financial industry security landscape
- Active professional network in the financial and technical security leadership community
- Experienced in ensuring global compliance with the changing laws and applicable regulations
- Experience driving programs necessary to achieve ISO27001, SSAE16/18 SOC2, GDPR, or equivalent certifications, where appropriate.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Security Leadership experience in institutional financial services
- Experience with AWS security
- Experience with digital asset technologies