Back To All Jobs Senior Engineer - Asset Management
San Francisco, CA
Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more delightful to use.
The Coinbase Asset Management team is focused on building the easiest way to invest in a basket of digital assets.
As the first engineer on the Asset Management team you will work directly with the product and leadership team to help design this new product and build it from the ground up. You'll build products that combine index investment and fund management to deliver a seamless investment experience to our clients. You'll also work with our security and risk engineering teams to build trust and safety features to protect user accounts, without compromising on the user experience.
A little about the Coinbase team: we value positive energy, continuous learning, and clear communication and are committed to building an inclusive environment for people from every background. Responsibilities
- Help to design, build and maintain robust backend services that calculate cryptocurrency index levels in real time
- Help to design, build and maintain a user interface which enables customers to easily invest in a basket of digital assets
- Work with engineers, product managers and leadership to help inform the product strategy and roadmap
- Be hands-on and help build our systems
- Add positive energy in every meeting, and make your coworkers feel included in every interaction
Nice to Haves
- You exhibit our core values: clear communication, positive energy, continuous learning, and efficient execution
- You have at least 4 years experience in software engineering
- You've designed, built, scaled and maintained production services
- You write high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of your customers
- You're passionate about building an open financial system for the world
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- You've worked with Postgres, MongoDB, Ruby, Rails, Node.js, Go, Java or Kotlin.
- You've helped build a new company, business or product from the ground up
- You've built systems with financial or security constraints