Back To All Jobs Head of Market Structure
New York, New York
Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity by helping create an open financial system for the world. We are focused on making digital currency accessible to everyone. We are guided by these principles: be the most trusted company in our industry and create products that are easy to use. The GDAX Head of Market Structure will be responsible for market monitoring, working closely with Institutional Coverage, Product/Legal teams, and Market Operations. This person will develop market health metrics so the Market Operations team can execute critical changes in the most efficient way possible. We are looking for an expert communicator, someone passionate about the cryptocurrency space, rooted with in depth experience in data analysis to educate regulators on the marketplace. The person will be based in our New York office and should anticipate some travel between NY and our headquarters in SF. Responsibilities
- Uses qualitative and quantitative methods to study, recommend, and implement market structure improvements.
- Partners with product team to develop marketplace improvements such as new order types, liquidity incentive programs, and market safeguards.
- Creates original research on cryptocurrency market structure topics such as liquidity, volatility, and marketplace participant behavior.
- Works closely with Institutional Coverage to understand client needs. This is vital to ensure research materials are aligned with client needs and expectations.
- Develops market health metrics for Market Operations to implement and manage.
- Engages with market participants to understand an evolving cryptocurrency marketplace, including market microstructure models, market data feeds, and fee schedules.
- Works with the Legal team to educate regulators on the crypto marketplace, establishing Coinbase as a thought leader in the space.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 10+ years developing and managing market structure.
- Experience working across one or more asset classes such as equities, FX, commodities, and equity derivatives.
- Strong data analysis, strategic analysis, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated passion for the cryptocurrency market.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a desire to build a business from the ground up.