Blockchain is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for a Head of Quality Engineering to lead a team that puts in place world-class tools and processes that drive up quality within our fast growing Engineering organization. WHAT YOU WILL DO:
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- This is a big job - you will be responsible for all aspects of quality within the Blockchain development environment - automation frameworks and tests, dashboards, and manual testing - to support mobile, web and platform engineering. Reporting to the VP Engineering, you will be responsible for driving test automation and test-driven development across the entire engineering team.
- You will grow and lead a team of engineers focusing on test frameworks and test development, and will be responsible for appropriate planning and delivery of complex projects, setting clear goals for your team, delivering timely feedback and rewards, and helping recruit great engineers to your team.
- You will make steady progress in increasing the automated test coverage and decreasing our reliance on manual testing and testers, with the goal of getting to a sustainable, high level of automation across all products.
- You will work closely with other engineering and SRE leaders across multiple offices to drive innovation in quality aspects software development, and help define the technical roadmap. You will evaluate, deploy, and manage best-in-market test automation tools and environments, and create and maintain innovative engineering processes that drive a test-driven engineering culture.
- Participate in technical discussions, help make technical decisions, and represent engineering to other disciplines within the company.
- Fintech and/or crypto experience preferred.
COMPENSATION & PERKS:
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain is integrity.
- Experience with software development at scale, test automation, and modern software development practices.
- Knowledge of software testing process, methodology, and best practices in driving quality within engineering organizations.
- Engineering management experience with a track record of building and leading productive, high functioning, distributed teams.
- Active participation in a team's career development, having managed engineers and manager's performance with proper mentorship and coaching.
- The highest of standards regarding security practices and a desire to mentor your team on keeping our user base of 23M users safe.
- Desire to foster a hardworking, collaborative and creative team culture in one of the most challenging and dynamic industries in tech.
- Note: this is not a "scrum master/agile coach" job - this is an opportunity to build a world-class engineering infrastructure to support a top-tier engineering organization.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company.
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding, global technology company in an exciting, emerging industry.
- Great office location in Shoreditch (London) or New York (SoHo).
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Apple Equipment.
- Favorite GIF.
- LinkedIn profile.
- Link to github, stackoverflow, personal website and/or blog (if applicable).