Back To All Jobs Engineering Manager - Consumer
San Francisco, Ca
Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more delightful to use.
The Coinbase consumer team is critical to executing on both principles. We're focused on building the easiest and most secure way for people around the world to invest in cryptocurrencies. We tackle hard engineering problems to build delightful user experiences and to keep our users' investments safe.
This is where you come in - you'll support our engineering teams in doing their best work, help your direct reports grow into the best version of themselves, and coordinate with the rest of the organization to ensure we're leading with clear communication and efficient execution . You'll manage a team of engineers who own a specific product vertical (i.e. "activation" - sign up to first buy experience) and work closely with a PM & designer to ensure our customer experience is delightful.
A little about our organization: we're a cross-functional product organization with experts in mobile, frontend, backend, product and design. We care deeply about our tools - we've built out a React based frontend, have continuous integration with multiple daily deploys, and are working on decomposing our rails API backend into smaller, encapsulated services. We write our mobile apps in Swift (transitioning from Objective-C) & Java (transitioning to Kotlin) and run a weekly release cycle. We value positive energy, continuous learning, and clear communication and are committed to building an inclusive environment for people from every background. Responsibilities
- Coach your direct reports to have a positive impact on the organization and chart a fulfilling career path
- Be a thoughtful technical voice and support your team in making diligent architectural decisions
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, product managers and senior leadership to turn our vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter.
- Work with our talent organization to source and hire amazing engineers who will expand the Coinbase culture and product
- Add positive energy in every meeting, and make your coworkers feel included in every interaction.
Nice to Haves
- You have at least 5 years of experience in software engineering.
- You have at least 2 years of engineering management experience
- You have an expertise in either mobile or web engineering, but are comfortable managing engineers working on any stack
- You have designed, built, and scaled production systems or mobile applications
- You know what high quality code - and software engineering processes - look like and know how to foster an environment that creates them
- You're passionate about building an open financial system that brings the world together.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- You've built financial, high reliability or security systems.
- You've scaled web or mobile applications to millions of users