Back To All Jobs Senior QA Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more delightful to use.
On the consumer team, we're building the easiest way for people around the world to make cryptocurrency investments. Every day, we tackle hard engineering problems to build delightful and trustworthy user experiences. We want to bring Coinbase to every country in the world, and we're excited to expand into predominantly mobile markets.
This is where you come in - in the next year, you will help manage and scale our QA team along with the rest of the product and engineering organization. This is a hands-on role while we grow the organization and will require manual test verification, test service management, and test automation and tooling expertise. You'll work closely with our product and design teams to identify what our customers need, and work cross functionally with other engineering and non-engineering teams to ship new features to the Coinbase apps. If you're passionate about cryptocurrency, efficiency, and quality, we should talk.
A little about our team: we're a tight-knit group with experts in Android, iOS, QA, design, and product. We value positive energy, continuous learning, clear communication, and are committed to building an inclusive environment for people from every background. Responsibilities:
- Be a strong advocate for quality in the product development and engineering process including test tooling improvements and automation
- Improve the overall QA process by identifying gaps or inefficiencies in workflows and implementing improvements
- Own relationship and be the point of contact with all external testing teams
- Work with engineers to determine where the bottlenecks are in the existing release process
- Work with customer support to understand where the pain points of customers are and where problems arise with new releases
- Set standards and educate the team on good test plan design
- Train the team to participate in design reviews to ensure testability of new features and integrate testing plans early during the product development timeline
- Develop and improve test plans for every mid to large size feature/project, submit to external testing teams for feature testing, and iterate until test coverage is satisfactory
- Be the gatekeeper of quality and give or block approval of releases
- Triage issues submitted through various channels including beta releases and customer support
- 5+ years of hands-on manual and automated testing
- Experience managing a external QA team(s)
- Experience working in an Agile environment with rapid iterations and releases
- Experience testing on mobile and web platforms