Trader (Hong Kong, China)
Hong Kong, China
Circle is on a mission to make it possible for everyone, everywhere to create and share value. We're building a new kind of consumer finance. Unlike existing systems that are closed and proprietary, we use open internet standards and protocols, including the blockchain, to build our products.
We've already made sending money around the world free and as easy as sending a text with Circle Pay. With Circle Trade, we're market makers for the top crypto currencies and offer OTC trading services. Now, we're expanding our offerings by building a cryptocurrency investment product ( https://invest.circle.com ) to enable anyone to buy and sell cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
What does that mean for the global economy? It's more open. More inclusive. And more empowering. What you'll work on
What you'll bring to Circle
- Manage risk for the positions Circle trading
- Negotiate OTC trades and feed the risk into the primary hedging controls
- Manually reduce or increase positions as seen fit. Shed risk where appropriate and manually generate alpha wherever applicable
- Maintain reconciliation and settlement of all OTC trades that occur during the overnight session
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes that may swing markets
- Execute position movements from the US trading desk and leg into and out of risk to get us to the desired position for the US open
- Communicate color with the US desk to maximize profitability
- Maintain exchange relationships inside the region and conduct due diligence with potential new exchanges
- Watch over automated trading systems, adjusting settings when appropriate and escalating issues rapidly
- 3+ years trading experience including experience trading in cryptocurrencies
- Experience maintaining exchange relationships inside the region and conduct due diligence with potential new exchanges
- Ability to execute position movements from the US trading desk and leg into and out of risk to get us to the desired position for the US open
- Experience with automated deployment systems and diagnosing system errors from logs
- Strong technical understanding of an automated trading infrastructure
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluency in Chinese is a plus
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville and we're backed by $140 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat) and Accel Partners.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay for iOS and Android today!