Blockchain is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We're looking for a Junior IT Support Engineer to support our New York City office. In this role you will help solve all manner of IT problems - big and small - while setting key priorities and actively identifying areas for improvement. Your positive and can-do attitude will ensure success and the best possible experience for your colleagues. Individuals who are successful in this role will have the possibility to apprentice with another team where you will work closely with some of the brightest engineering minds that Blockchain has to offer! WHAT YOU WILL DO:
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Handle user administration of third-party service accounts.
- Manage office LANs, wifi, and video conferencing systems.
- Maintain & provision new employee hardware and software.
- Perform off-boarding and re-provisioning procedures.
- Support the setup and management of new and existing infrastructure (e.g. networks, firewalls, VPNs, routers, switches, VoIP devices).
- Exercise security best-practices and monitor and train employees to do the same.
- Happily provide comprehensive and timely IT support to all employees; local and remote (roughly 30 people).
- Upgrades to core networking (e.g. Inter-site connectivity, MPLS/VPN config).
COMPENSATION & PERKS:
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain is integrity.
- Experience with Google Apps.
- Basic knowledge of network troubleshooting.
- Superb fire-fighting and problem solving abilities.
- Confident, outgoing and whatever-it-takes attitude.
- Previous startup experience, a plus.
- Willingness to learn.
- People person.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Accessible office location in the heart of New York (SoHo)
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Catered team lunch every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- Apple equipment.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company.
- Resume or LinkedIn profile.
- Most importantly, a GIF you really like.