Back To All Jobs Senior Trading Systems Engineer - GDAX
New York, NY
Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, focus on the needs of our customers and create products that are easy to use.
The GDAX team plays a critical role in executing on that vision. We're building the most secure and trusted digital asset exchange for institutions and professional traders. We take on hard engineering problems around scalability, security and financial safety to help our customers invest in the rapidly growing digital asset space, and to protect their investments.
This is where you come in - you'll work closely with our backend engineering teams to build trading systems with features our customers want. If you're excited about hard financial and distributed systems problems, like building a trading system architecture that handles millions of users and billions of transactions in a performant way, we should talk.
A little about us: we're a full-stack product team with experts in frontend, backend, trading, product, and design. We care deeply about our tools - we've built out a proprietary trading infrastructure, high-throughput matching engine and distributed order entry gateways. We rely heavily on automated testing and continuous integration using our in-house deployment solution. We value positive energy, continuous learning, and clear communication and are committed to building an inclusive environment for people from every background. Responsibilities
- Design a long term architecture for scalability of our trading systems.
- Design highly scalable and distributed messaging bus systems for low latency service communication.
- Design highly performant FIX and REST trading gateways for our customers and our front-end teams.
- Design, build, and maintain various backend services which help with trade matching, accounting, financial reporting, liquidity and risk management.
- Work with engineers, product managers and senior leadership to turn our product and technical vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter.
- Add positive energy in every meeting, and make your coworkers feel included in every interaction.
Nice to Haves
- You have at least 6 years of experience in software engineering.
- You have experience in building financial trading systems and infrastructure.
- You've designed, built, scaled and maintained production services, and know how to compose a service oriented architecture.
- You write high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of your customers.
- You're passionate about building an open financial system that brings the world together.
- You've worked with Node.js, Java or Kotlin.
- You've built systems in the broader finance and security space.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.