A fast-growing Blockchain company based in San Francisco are growing their engineering team. Who you will work with:
You will be working with a team that has a profound impact at the crossroads of blockchain and capital markets infrastructure. Building world-class disruptive technologies require vision, persistence, innovation, and a deep belief that nothing is impossible. Join this proven and successful management team in executing one of the most ambitious global projects in the blockchain space.
If you have a strong passion for blockchain and cryptocurrencies, as well as a desire to do something that has never been done before but still solves specific problems in the largest markets in the world and delivers real product with a real revenue model please get in touch Skills:
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in core Java and/or C++ (Java as priority but ideally both)
- Hands-on experience with developing on at least one backend blockchain codebase, whether proprietary (e.g., Chain) or open source (e.g., Hyperledger) -- not just building apps on top
- Strong understanding of the cryptographic principles and data dependencies underpinning blockchain technologies
- Experience and understanding of major consensus protocols, asymmetric encryption, Merkle trees, hash functions, key-value database, P2P communication protocols
- Experience and understanding of transaction scripting and smart contracts, especially Bitcoin-style conditionalized transactions
- Understanding of key areas of Blockchain research including data privacy, confidential transactions, side chains and pegging, sharding and other scaling methodologies
- Strong sense of ownership, passion to build quality products for massive scale in collaborative, agile environment
- A degree in Computer Science / Mathematics or equivalent work experience in a field utilizing the same subject matter
- 5+ years of development experience developing production grade, multi-threaded, enterprise client/server software using Java stack.
- Experience contributing to the architecture, design, and implementation of Blockchain technologies like Chain, Corda and Hyperledger
- Understanding of microservices architecture
- Recognized expertise in blockchain applications as evidenced by industry participation, publications and/or awards
- Detailed and verifiable understanding of blockchain architectures including detailed knowledge of how various blockchain platforms differ.
- Experience with consensus protocols in commonly used languages such as C, C++, Java
- Experience in building distributed databases, networking protocols, or large-scale transaction systems
Whats on offer:
- Experience developing large scale, highly available distributed systems and protocol design
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and distributed systems fundamentals.
- Strong understanding of databases, NoSQL systems, storage and distributed persistence technologies.
- The excitement and fulfilment of solving the biggest problems in the largest markets for top global clients using real blockchain technology
- Very competitive salary and equity in a well-funded and high growth startup backed by prominent investors
- Substantial career opportunities and upside to match your passion for what we do
- 401K plan
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited vacation time
- Ambitious company culture
- San Francisco is the preferred work location, but open to remote