Software Engineer, Risk (Boston)
Circle is on a mission to make it possible for everyone, everywhere to create and share value. We're building a new kind of consumer finance. Unlike existing systems that are closed and proprietary, we use open internet standards and protocols, including the blockchain, to build our products.
We've already made sending money around the world free and as easy as sending a text with Circle Pay. With Circle Trade, we're market makers for the top crypto currencies and offer OTC trading services. Now, we're expanding our offerings by building a cryptocurrency investment product ( https://invest.circle.com ) to enable anyone to buy and sell cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
What does that mean for the global economy? It's more open. More inclusive. And more empowering.
As a Risk Engineer at Circle, you’re part of the team creating the rules engine framework and productizing machine learning models to build a world class real-time automated risk evaluation system. We work across Data Science, Product, Platform and Compliance to manage risk exposure while delivering the best possible experience to our customers. What you'll work on
What you'll bring to Circle
- A small productive team in an agile environment, gaining real-world experience building and deploying secure, production-scale services for consumer facing products
- New, efficient ways to write pre-optimization algorithms for loading data science models that predict future decisions
- Develop a rules engine framework that allows Risk Analysts and compliance to monitor and control transactions en masse in real time
- Integrate with third party vendors in a resilient fail-safe environment to enhance or supplement decision making
- Calculate or pre-calculate various derived features in a scalable near-real time fashion
- Design, develop, peer review and test a wide range of components including REST APIs, statistical modeling methods, machine learning algorithms, message queues and asynchronous processes, SQL and NoSQL data models
- Work closely with our Data Science, Product and Platform teams to manage risk exposure and perform fraud analysis and prevention while delivering the best possible customer experience
- Work closely with DevOps to deploy platform features to production
Nice to have
- 4+ years professional Java experience, including strong relational/transactional SQL experience
- Deployed production quality Software as a Service
- Algorithm development and optimization guru
- Clear communication skills
- Broad and diverse background (the broader the better)
- Financial/Risk domain specific knowledge definitely not required
- Linux Shell scripting experience
- Machine learning algorithms experience
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville and we're backed by $140 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat) and Accel Partners.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay for iOS and Android today!