Software Engineer, Payments (Boston)
Circle is on a mission to make it possible for everyone, everywhere to create and share value. We're building a new kind of consumer finance. Unlike existing systems that are closed and proprietary, we use open internet standards and protocols, including the blockchain, to build our products.
We've already made sending money around the world free and as easy as sending a text with Circle Pay. With Circle Trade, we're market makers for the top crypto currencies and offer OTC trading services. Now, we're expanding our offerings by building a cryptocurrency investment product ( https://invest.circle.com ) to enable anyone to buy and sell cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
What does that mean for the global economy? It's more open. More inclusive. And more empowering.
We are passionate about building social payments experiences that our users (and friends) love. Circle’s engineering team enables us to do that at scale, supporting customers all over the world and processing millions of transactions across multiple currencies in a reliable, secure and fast way.What you'll work on
What you'll bring to Circle
- Build and own highly scalable front-end and back-end services that are core to Circle’s consumer finance technology
- Part of self-organizing agile teams, collaborating with product engineering and multiple other functions in Circle to design, develop, test and ship great features for our customers
- Write and maintain a multitude of services to deliver great payment experiences, including data sources (SQL or NoSQL), messaging systems, APIs and integration components
- Collaborate with different external partners to connect their capabilities into Circle’s platform, ensuring the integration is built in a secure, reliable and scalable way
- You will take pride in writing high-quality and elegant solutions that can process millions of transactions in elastic environments, supporting Circle’s customers all over the world
- 3+ years of professional development experience in Java, REST, Postgres, Scalability, Integration, & Asynchronous Programming
- Deployed production-quality, scalable software as a service
- Excellent communication skills, able to collaborate with remote teams, share ideas and present concepts effectively
- Demonstrated experience with relational databases / transactional SQL
- Desire to constantly learn new technologies and implement elegant, well tested solutions
- Self-starter, you enjoy moving at a fast pace, shipping quality software and constantly improving your work with little supervision
- You love to teach and learn from your colleagues
- Previous experience with NoSQL databases and message queues
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville and we're backed by $140 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat) and Accel Partners.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay for iOS and Android today!