Business Development & Partnerships Lead, Circle Pay (Madrid)
Circle is on a mission to make it possible for everyone, everywhere to create and share value. We're building a new kind of consumer finance. Unlike existing systems that are closed and proprietary, we use open internet standards and protocols, including the blockchain, to build our products.
We've already made sending money around the world free and as easy as sending a text with Circle Pay. With Circle Trade, we're market makers for the top crypto currencies and offer OTC trading services. Now, we're expanding our offerings by building a cryptocurrency investment product ( https://invest.circle.com ) to enable anyone to buy and sell cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
What does that mean for the global economy? It's more open. More inclusive. And more empowering.
As our Business Development & Partnerships Lead, you’ll identify, assess, develop and execute strategic partnerships with the aim of growing our active user base in Spain, along with generating awareness of the product within our target demographics. What you'll work on
What you'll bring to Circle
- Manage the end to end process of partnership development for Circle Pay in Spain
- Develop and implement a strategic approach for assessing and prioritizing partnership opportunities for our target audiences & use cases
- Build strong relationships with target organisations from the very first touchpoint to onboarding by consistently delivering an exceptional level of service
- Negotiate favourable terms for each partnership and business relationship, ensuring each deal is modelled to a strict CPA and performance metrics are monitored closely
- Manage the execution/implementation of any partnerships, working in collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders in the business, such as creative & legal teams
- Take a lean ‘test and learn’ approach to partnerships - test the waters with a view of it building into an extended deal that provides long term benefit for both parties
- Report on the effectiveness of each partnership, using data to help prioritise, enhance & develop current and future ventures and initiatives
- Leverage other marketing functions such as paid marketing, growth, PR & CLM to amplify any partnership execution or support your business development efforts
- Act as the voice of your partners in providing feedback blockers and issues to the rest of the organisation (eg. CX, Risk, Compliance, Product)
- 2+ years experience in sales or business development required, ideally for a digital product or service
- Experience working in a fast paced, scrappy & ROI driven environment
- Creative yet pragmatic; you find new ways to build partnerships and make them happen
- Love a challenge and is extremely perseverant, self-motivated and autonomous
- Multi-tasker; an ability & desire to get stuck into a variety of different tasks
- A team player and strong communicator; you can rally people behind a need
- Willingness to travel frequently throughout the country and to our other offices worldwide
- Fluent in Spanish and English with outstanding oral and written communication skills
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville and we're backed by $140 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat) and Accel Partners.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay for iOS and Android today!