Lead Risk Analyst, Asia (Hong Kong)
Hong Kong, China
Circle is on a mission to make it possible for everyone, everywhere to create and share value. We're building a new kind of consumer finance. Unlike existing systems that are closed and proprietary, we use open internet standards and protocols, including the blockchain, to build our products.
We've already made sending money around the world free and as easy as sending a text with Circle Pay. With Circle Trade, we're market makers for the top crypto currencies and offer OTC trading services. Now, we're expanding our offerings by building a cryptocurrency investment product ( https://invest.circle.com ) to enable anyone to buy and sell cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
What does that mean for the global economy? It's more open. More inclusive. And more empowering.
We’re looking for a Senior Analyst to join our Risk Operations team, and lead our risk analysis and AML investigations for our growing OTC Cryptocurrency operation in Asia. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, inquisitive individual who enjoys analytical challenges, extremely customer focused, and seek a fun, collaborative, and fast-paced environment. What you will be working on
What you'll bring to Circle
- Be the subject matter expert on risk / compliance ops for Circle Trade - Asia, build procedures and effective review methodology, and train / mentor analysts in the field
- Create risk controls based on defined policy, e.g. transaction monitoring, sanctions screening, etc, focus on automation and controls streamlining
- Identify suspicious activity, investigate patterns / typologies and work on appropriate solutions
- Maintain a strong operational focus with the ability to manage time sensitive workflows across competing priorities
- Suggest improvements to internal policies/procedures and give constructive feedback to our product teams on improvements to be made to internal tools that will lead to greater efficiency for the risk ops team and the customer
- Identify gaps in our AML / Fraud controls and work closely with compliance, product and engineering teams to develop creative solutions
- Ability to understand complex business problems, break down analytical projects into a structured approach and formalize complex ideas into a well defined logic
- Be comfortable dealing with high amounts of data, developing AML metrics and reporting to help lead risk decisions
- Strong urge to always put the ‘customer first’ and show an empathetic side for the customer experience
- Capable of building and leading a team of analysts
- Strong independent contributor that can be relied upon to deliver consistent results and help us iterate and improve constantly as we grow
- Help build out documentation of existing policies and take the initiative to suggest areas of improvements to our own internal knowledge base
- B.A./B.S. degree from a leading academic institution; quantitative or technical degree a plus
- 3+ years experience in investigations, data analysis, etc; Asian payments industry experience a plus
- Domain expertise in AML / fraud operations - understanding the end to end risk mitigation process
- An innovative and creative mind looking to suggest new solutions to old problems
- Interest and experience in the digital currency space and distributed networks
- Strong organizational, analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Entrepreneurial; you’ve owned projects from start to finish with minimal guidance
- Chinese language is a plus
- CAMS certification or equivalent is preferred
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville and we're backed by $140 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat) and Accel Partners.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay for iOS and Android today!