Blockchain is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
Blockchain is looking for a Controller. You will serve as the lead designer in the development of all operational and technical accounting, reporting, and audit functions for the organization.
The Controller will not only be responsible for the Accounting function but also be a main contributor and partner to the company's overall financial health. This role requires a dynamic individual who is able to oversee the AP function while still making key strategic revenue decisions. We are looking for an experienced Controller to join our growing finance team. WHAT YOU WILL DO:
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Provides leadership to the accounting team
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Manages all accounting operations including billing, AR, AP, GL, cost accounting and revenue recognition.
- Enhances our financial processes and policies to drive improvement as Blockchain continues rapid growth.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Reconciles all bank and crypto currency accounts.
- Supports month-end and year-end close process by assisting the preparation of reconciliation reports, P&L, Balance Sheets.
- Ensures high standards of financial controls and procedure.
- Remains up to date on current and evolving Bitcoin GAAP standards.
- Assists with project assignments and financial reporting and forecasting.
- Assists Finance team in the day to day finance functions when necessary.
- Acts as backup for members of the finance team as required.
- Manages and build banking relationships.
COMPENSATION & PERKS:
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain is integrity.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting.
- CPA qualification a plus.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience at a high-growth company.
- Experience with international accounting (Luxembourg, United States, and United Kingdom is a plus).
- Experience managing internal or external audit process.
- Desire to worked independently as a member of an international organization.
- Strong presentation and communication skills when working with internal teams and external vendors.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and execute quickly and efficiently in a dynamic environment with ever-changing and competing demands.
- Amazing and accessible office location in the heart of New York City (SoHo).
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Catered team lunch every Monday , Wednesday , and Friday .
- Apple equipment.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company.
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Commuter, Life, Short Term & Long Term Disability.
- Resume, CV, and/or your LinkedIn profile.
- Your favorite GIF.