Director of Risk Operations (Boston or Dublin)
Circle is on a mission to make it possible for everyone, everywhere to create and share value. We're building a new kind of consumer finance. Unlike existing systems that are closed and proprietary, we use open internet standards and protocols, including the blockchain, to build our products.
We've already made sending money around the world free and as easy as sending a text with Circle Pay. With Circle Trade, we're market makers for the top crypto currencies and offer OTC trading services. Now, we're expanding our offerings by building a cryptocurrency investment product ( https://invest.circle.com ) to enable anyone to buy and sell cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
What does that mean for the global economy? It's more open. More inclusive. And more empowering.
We’re looking for a leader to join Circle and oversee risk operations. This position will manage the talented team responsible for investigating, detecting and preventing fraud, money laundering, account takeover, and other types of risk on our platform in order to reduce financial and reputational exposure overall.
The Director of Risk Operations has the ability to balance effectively managing risk level and customer friction with having a customer-first approach and sound decision-making skills. The qualified individual is a fraud / risk subject matter expert, experienced people leader and coach. He/She is always looking to optimize and improve processes and procedures using data and is comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
*We are open to applicants in Boston, USA and Dublin, IrelandWhat you will be working on:
What you will bring to Circle:
- Investigate, analyze and identify fraud patterns, risky behaviors, trends, vulnerabilities etc. and leverage data analysis to suggest appropriate solutions for mitigation.
- Manage and make independent decisions regarding day-to-day team work, queue prioritization, escalations, risk incidents, etc. while monitoring and communicating overall status, key metrics and immediate concerns both to the team and to senior management.
- Define the long term strategy for risk operations and direct the required engineering / product / analytics work needed in order to support your vision.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and manual procedures automation, strive for procedure automation and continuously review procedures and workflows for optimization.
- Build relationships with partners and stakeholders across the company and collaborate with Product, Growth, Compliance, Legal, Engineering, and other stakeholders on high impact initiatives.
- Train, mentor and develop Risk Ops team members.
- Experience and thorough understanding of fraud / risk / trust & safety / identity in financial services / payments / ecommerce industries.
- Experience in leading and scaling a high performing operations team, preferably in a global company.
- Experience in managing complex cross-org projects and the tenacity to bring them to the finish line.
- Data driven approach towards decision making and process optimization, and the skills and knowledge to conceptualize monitoring and reporting tools.
- Excellent decision making skills, bias for action and sound judgement.
- Strategic mindset combined with a great tactical execution ability to achieve results.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Interest in Cryptocurrency, Social Payments or FinTech
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville and we're backed by $140 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat) and Accel Partners.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay for iOS and Android today!