Interested in gaining paralegal experience in a rapidly growing and cutting edge FinTech company? Are you self-driven and interested in gaining experience in the financial industry?
AlphaPoint, a fast growing and a leading capital markets blockchain provider, is looking for a passionate, driven and self-motivated Paralegal that will be responsible for structuring, drafting, negotiating, and analyzing contracts. This individual will support all functions of AlphaPoint including but not limited to the Development, Business, Operations and Human Resources department.Job Responsibilities:
As a crucial member of the Legal team at AlphaPoint, you will:
- Structure, draft, negotiate contracts for all AlphaPoint departments such as; customer contracts, vendor contracts, and employment agreements.
- Escalate legal matters as appropriate for further investigation to senior leadership, as well associated Attorney's.
- Subject Matter Expert related to legal matters; possess the ability to provide contract advice and expertise.
- Review, maintain and update company legal policies such as; privacy, KYC, AML in line with regulatory requirements.
- Liaise with law enforcement as appropriate regarding the nature and scope of investigations.
- Research and stay relevant in legal or regulatory changes within the FinTech market; possess the ability to forecast potential legal impacts to AlphaPoint.
- Support special legal projects appropriately in a confidential and sensitive manner.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent critical thinking, time management, and oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree or JD
- Paralegal must be licenses to practice law and have maintained good standing in the state/jurisdiction in which the position is based.
- At least 3 years of experience practicing law post JD.
- At least 3 years of experience negotiating customer contracts, vendor contracts, and employment agreements.
- At least 3 years of in-house legal experience in the FinTech Industry.
- At least 5 years of experience negotiating customer contracts, vendor contracts, and employment agreements.
- At least 5 years of in-house legal experience as a Paralegal in the FinTech Industry
- Knowledge of the Blockchain or Cryptocurrency industry.
- High growth company with triple digit growth, leader in industry segment
- We have the best engineering and product talent in the blockchain industry. Period.
- Our solutions are battle-tested.
- We have a growing list of the world's largest exchanges as paying customers.
- We are the leading provider of platform solutions in the digital asset exchange world and our customers and prospects know it.
- We've attracted top-tier investors, advisors and an experienced leadership team
- We operate daily in a smart, get-it-done, innovative and fun culture.
- We're ready to offer the right candidate a competitive compensation package.
AlphaPoint is a financial technology company helping make illiquid assets liquid. It provides institutions enterprise-grade blockchain technology enabling customers to digitize assets, launch markets, and manage assets. AlphaPoint is led by a seasoned team with over 400 years in capital markets and FinTech, with offices in New York City, Philadelphia, and San Francisco. For more information, please visit www.alphapoint.com .
The Company reserves the right to modify the duties and responsibilities associated with this position at any time, at its discretion.