Android Developer (Boston)
Circle is on a mission to make it possible for everyone, everywhere to create and share value. We're building a new kind of consumer finance. Unlike existing systems that are closed and proprietary, we use open internet standards and protocols, including the blockchain, to build our products.
We've already made sending money around the world free and as easy as sending a text with Circle Pay. With Circle Trade, we're market makers for the top crypto currencies and offer OTC trading services. Now, we're expanding our offerings by building a cryptocurrency investment product ( https://invest.circle.com ) to enable anyone to buy and sell cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
What does that mean for the global economy? It's more open. More inclusive. And more empowering.
As an Android Developer at Circle, you'll have the ability to own entire features from concept to deployment. You’ll contribute ideas to improve our product and processes and provide feedback so we can continue to get better. You’ll get the opportunity to develop your skills, collaborate across teams and continue to learn. We're looking for highly motivated individuals who seek a fun, collaborative, iterative, and fast-paced environment. What you'll work on:
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Create a fun, interactive product with GIFs, emojis, and photos that you’re friends and family will love to use
- Pirate growth (AARRR) experiments such as curated GIFS, friend invites to improve activation, engagement and retention so customers come back for more
- Facebook authentication to speed up onboarding so our customers can more easily sign up and find their Facebook friends on Circle
- Fingerprint Lock to bodyguard your cash
- Contact Upload so you can see who else in your phone is using Circle find your friends on Circle
- Circle Bot that sends our customers timely notifications so they know where their money is
- More prominent FX rates throughout the app so our customers can send money in multiple currencies while also having context into how much their sending in their local one.
- 4+ years of Android app development experience with RxJava
- Resourceful. You’re able to suss out the details and figure things out without a ton of direction
- Love solving problems. You proactively listen to business concerns and turn them into product improvements
- Thorough. If you see a bug, you take the time to find out if there are similar uses that will cause the same problem and figure out why
- Published at least one app in the Play Store
- Strong desire to experiment and work with the latest mobile technologies
- Passion for writing readable, maintainable and well-tested code
- Experience consuming RESTful JSON APIs
- An interest in Social Payments, Cryptocurrency or Blockchain
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville and we're backed by $140 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat) and Accel Partners.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay for iOS and Android today!