Back To All Jobs UK Compliance Lead
The UK Compliance Lead will operate under delegated authority from the Board and have overall responsibility for the establishment and maintenance of effective anti-money laundering (AML) and counter-terrorist financing (CTF) systems and controls. The individual will be based at the UK Head Office. Responsibilities
- Oversee the implementation of appropriate AML and CTF policies and procedures, including the operation of the risk-based approach.
- Carry out regular assessments of the adequacy of systems and controls to ensure that risks are managed effectively. Ensure that policies are updated to meet changing regulatory and business requirements.
- Maintaining up to date AML documentation.
- Ensure that AML and CTF requirements are considered as part of the development of new products, or service changes. Obtain board approval for significant process changes as needed.
- Reporting to the Board on a regular basis detailing the operation and effectiveness of the systems and controls used to combat financial crime.
- Arrange and assist with regulatory visits and audit inspections.
- Interpret the EU and UK regulations (Mifid II, PSD2, etc.) and prepare summaries to be presented to management. Liaise with other functional divisions to lead or assist on projects to cover compliance tasks such as documenting decisions and policies and procedures.
- Maintain an internal reporting process for receiving internal Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 5+ years of experience in financial and/or compliance related business functions.
- Experience in developing and administering internal controls and processes.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of business functions, with an emphasis on senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Willingness to take personal legal responsibility for the prevention of financial crime is essential.
- A professional compliance, or financial qualification, and membership of a recognised professional body, would be advantageous but not a prerequisite.
- Expertise - leader when it comes to regulatory knowledge in Europe.
- Leadership - voice concerns, challenges, and roadmap for Europe.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced remote environment.
- Commitment to Diversity.