Software Engineer, Internal Tools (Boston)
Circle is a global internet finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people everywhere create and share value.
We’ve already made sending money around the world free and easy using blockchain technology with Circle Pay. With Circle Invest, we’re expanding our offerings with a cryptocurrency investment product, enabling anyone to buy and sell crypto assets. Through Circle Trade, we’re market makers for the top crypto coins and offer OTC trading services. In March 2018, Circle acquired Poloniex, one of the world's leading token marketplaces.
As an engineer on the internal tooling engineering team, you'll help build internal applications and services that provide valuable insight into our business and customer operations. You’ll develop a framework for how we collect, analyze and present data at Circle. What you'll work on
What you'll bring to Circle
- Develop and deploy secure, production-scale financial management services and the business intelligence components that will improve efficiency and accuracy
- Work across teams including finance, treasury, marketing and legal and build a framework to help tackle challenges in ongoing data collection, insight and accuracy
- Design, develop, peer review and test a wide range of transactional microservices using NodeJS & React.js
- Demo the new features you’ve developed each week and work closely with our DevOps team to deploy features to production
- Expertise working with React.js
- Strong relational / transactional SQL experience
- Desire to constantly learn new technologies and implement elegant well-tested solutions
- Detail oriented, motivated by getting things rights, you sweat the small stuff
- Clear communicator and both interest and experience working with teams outside of engineering
- Prior experience with NodeJS is strongly preferred
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We’re backed by $140 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat) and Accel Partners, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay & Circle Invest for iOS and Android today.
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.