Site Reliability & Cloud Operations Engineer (Boston)
Circle is on a mission to make it possible for everyone, everywhere to create and share value. We're building a new kind of consumer finance. Unlike existing systems that are closed and proprietary, we use open internet standards and protocols, including the blockchain, to build our products.
We've already made sending money around the world free and as easy as sending a text with Circle Pay. With Circle Trade, we're market makers for the top crypto currencies and offer OTC trading services. Now, we're expanding our offerings by building a cryptocurrency investment product ( https://invest.circle.com ) to enable anyone to buy and sell cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
What does that mean for the global economy? It's more open. More inclusive. And more empowering.
As a Site Reliability Engineer at Circle, you’ll build out AWS managed services to meet growing worldwide customer base across multiple AWS regions and automate configuration of AWS infrastructure. You’ll get the opportunity to develop your skills, collaborate across teams and continue to learn in a fun, collaborative, iterative, and fast-paced environment.What you'll work on
What you'll bring to Circle
- Automate configuration of AWS infrastructure using AWS APIs in scripting languages such as Python
- Build out AWS managed services to meet a growing worldwide customer base across multiple AWS regions
- Design redundant and resilient cross-region infrastructure
- Plan and test disaster recovery scenarios for a highly available microservices architecture
- Collaborate to create security focused tools and frameworks
- 4+ years experience as a AWS certified SysOps Administrator, DevOps Engineer or Solutions Architect
- Extensive experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), having managed services and applications in a large AWS cross-account environment leveraging IAM and federated SSO
- Expert with AWS services including IAM, VPC, Cloudwatch, Kinesis, etc
- Knowledge of PKI and PGP trust systems
- Configuration management and automation experience with Ansible, Python, and Boto
- Extensive experience with log aggregation systems like Splunk, ELK, etc
- Experience creating and maintaining monitoring and alerting capabilities using tools like Splunk, Kibana, Datadog, or Kinesis Analytics
- See problems as opportunities to automate!
- Experience with databases such as Postgres, Redshift and MySQL
- Experience running blockchain nodes on networks such as Bitcoin, Ethereum or Monero
- Security background and experience with IDS/IPS and DDOS mitigation
- Production experience with Docker
- Open-source project contributions
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville and we're backed by $140 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat) and Accel Partners.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay for iOS and Android today!