Risk Analyst (Boston, San Francisco or Dublin)
Circle is on a mission to make it possible for everyone, everywhere to create and share value. We're building a new kind of consumer finance. Unlike existing systems that are closed and proprietary, we use open internet standards and protocols, including the blockchain, to build our products.
We've already made sending money around the world free and as easy as sending a text with Circle Pay. With Circle Trade, we're market makers for the top crypto currencies and offer OTC trading services. Now, we're expanding our offerings by building a cryptocurrency investment product ( https://invest.circle.com ) to enable anyone to buy and sell cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
What does that mean for the global economy? It's more open. More inclusive. And more empowering.
As a Risk Analyst, you’ll join a world class operations team focused on helping Circle scale while providing the best possible customer experience. You’ll detect fraudulent behaviors, conduct investigations, and educate customers on how to maintain the security of their accounts and transactions. We're looking for highly motivated individuals who seek a fun, collaborative, iterative, and fast-paced environment.
*We are open to applicants in Boston, USA, San Francisco, USA, and Dublin, IrelandWhat you'll work on
What you'll bring to Circle
- Monitor and act upon fraud signals - you will be fighting crimes like identity theft and credit card fraud
- Work cross-functionally with customer experience and compliance to develop creative solutions to emergent problems
- Analyze large, variable sets of data
- Maintain a strong operational focus with the ability to manage time sensitive workflows across competing priorities
- Verify customer information and conduct due diligence reviews as part of Circle's Know Your Customer (KYC) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) programs
- Interact with customers to ensure full compliance with all applicable laws and policies
- Suggest improvements to our suite of fraud prevention tools
- Investigate rings of scammer accounts using stolen credentials
- Communicate with our banking partners on fraud and chargebacks
- Review reversed payments on the Circle platform
- B.A./B.S. degree from a leading academic institution; quantitative or technical degree a plus
- An innovative and creative mind looking to suggest new solutions to old problems
- 1+ years experience in investigations, data analysis, and/or computer science in the technology space; payments industry experience a plus
- Basic understanding of traditional financial scams, security best practices, and/or fraud strategies
- Strong organizational, analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Entrepreneurial; you’ve owned projects from start to finish with minimal guidance
- Make quick decisions with large sums of money on the line without breaking a sweat
- Innate ability to spot strange patterns amidst noisy data
- Investigative instinct and the ability to think like a hacker
- Interest in digital currency and the impact that it represents
- Knowledge of payment systems including the ACH network, credit cards, SEPA transfers, and other payment protocols a plus
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville and we're backed by $140 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat) and Accel Partners.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay for iOS and Android today!