Back To All Jobs Payroll Manager
San Francisco, CA
Coinbase is looking for a Payroll Manager who will be responsible for processing payroll in ADP, designing/documenting the process, and implementing new international payrolls and systems integrations. Streamlining these processes, designing additional controls and driving new initiatives (e.g. payroll in ethereum to supplement our current payroll in bitcoin) to help our company scale are the main responsibilities of this role. Responsibilities
- Analyzes, prepares and inputs payroll data using ADP to produce accurate and timely payroll.
- Updates payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles, and department/division transfers.
- Prepares journal entries for recognizing payroll expenses and deductions/contributions
- Works with ADP (and future payroll providers) to review and provide accurate tax reporting (W2's, etc) that tie to our financial statements
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Determines payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Balances the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.) for management.
- Performs various journal entries, account reconciliations, and provides general ledger support.
- Liaise with auditors and manage payroll tax audits.
- Collaborate with people team and accounting teams.
- 5+ years of experience as a payroll manager
- Deep knowledge of payroll procedures and related laws
- Excellent understanding of multi-location payroll and taxes
- ADP expert and strong Excel abilities
- Familiarity with BambooHR, Sequoia and Fidelity a plus
- A keen eye for detail
- An analytical mind
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- BS/BA in Business Administration, Accounting, Human Resources or related field; professional certification (e.g. CPP, CPM) is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Experience with equity management
- Experience with international payrolls, especially UK
- System implementations and integrations