Principal Software Engineer, Trading Infrastructure R&D (Boston)
Circle is a global internet finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people everywhere create and share value.
We’ve already made sending money around the world free and easy using blockchain technology with Circle Pay. With Circle Invest, we’re expanding our offerings with a cryptocurrency investment product, enabling anyone to buy and sell crypto assets. Through Circle Trade, we’re market makers for the top crypto coins and offer OTC trading services. In March 2018, Circle acquired Poloniex, one of the world's leading token marketplaces.
As a Principal Software Engineer, Trading Infrastructure R&D in Boston, you will architect, design, and code critical aspects of a highly secure and scalable trading platform. You will also
What you'll bring to Circle
- Be a coach and mentor to other software engineers on your team
- Work on an agile team alongside an amazingly talented group of engineers, product owners, traders, and many others
- 8+ years architecting, designing, and coding secure, scalable, and fault tolerant systems
- Experience with blockchain software in the cryptocurrency space
- Expert object oriented programmer, preferably JavaA real passion for cryptocurrency
- Excellent communication skills with ability to explain complex problems and concepts to people of all levels of expertise
- Expert level SQL Database designer and developer
- Broad knowledge of NoSQL data persistence technology
- Passion for coaching and mentoring your teammates
- Experience designing microservices with REST
- Strong functional programming experience
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We’re backed by $140 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat) and Accel Partners, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay & Circle Invest for iOS and Android today.
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.