Principal Software Engineer, Trading Infrastructure R&D (Boston)
Circle is on a mission to make it possible for everyone, everywhere to create and share value. We're building a new kind of consumer finance. Unlike existing systems that are closed and proprietary, we use open internet standards and protocols, including the blockchain, to build our products.
We've already made sending money around the world free and as easy as sending a text with Circle Pay. With Circle Trade, we're market makers for the top crypto currencies and offer OTC trading services. Now, we're expanding our offerings by building a cryptocurrency investment product ( https://invest.circle.com ) to enable anyone to buy and sell cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
What does that mean for the global economy? It's more open. More inclusive. And more empowering. What you'll get to do:
What you'll bring to Circle
- Architect, design, and code critical aspects of a highly secure and scalable trading platform
- Be a coach and mentor to other software engineers on your team
- Work on an agile team alongside an amazingly talented group of engineers, product owners, traders, and many others
- 8+ years architecting, designing, and coding secure, scalable, and fault tolerant systems
- Experience with blockchain software in the cryptocurrency space
- Expert object oriented programmer, preferably Java
- A strong passion for cryptocurrencyExcellent communication skills with ability to explain complex problems and concepts to people of all levels of expertise
- Expert level SQL Database designer and developer Broad knowledge of NoSQL data persistence technology
- A passion for coaching and mentoring your team mates
- Experience designing micro-services with REST
- Strong functional programming experience
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville and we're backed by $140 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat) and Accel Partners.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay for iOS and Android today!