AlphaPoint is offering a blockchain engineering training opportunity. This training opportunity will allow a university student or recent graduate to learn alongside the team responsible for designing and developing our distributed-systems products and platforms, which power leading digital currency trading venues and permissioned blockchain solutions. Our software is built using C#, using custom messaging mechanisms over multiple transport protocols, with customized persistence and storage mechanisms, all optimized for high-volume enterprise-class real-time access-controlled transaction processing. Over this training program, you will learn elements in every layer of the service tier (transports, messaging, framework, data persistence, business logic, ...) and develop a rich understanding of both the system mechanisms and the application business domains.
What You Will Learn
- Fundamentals of cryptocurrency
- Nuances, distinguishing features, and advantages among Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Zcash, and other widely traded cryptocurrencies
- Foundational aspects of blockchain
- How to gather and order data into blocks, how to chain specific blocks together securely, how to create time-stamped, sequential data points, etc.
- IT architecture of AlphaPoint's blockchain technologies, including the application layer, platform layer, and protocol layer
- How core platform components are developed to run under Windows and Linux (Xamarin/Mono). Testing on multiple platforms, unit tests, etc.
- How blocks are organized, stacked and stamped
- How to apply blockchain fundamentals and engineering methodologies to AlphaPoint's ADLP technologies
- How to build software using C#, customized persistence and storage mechanisms, and distributed systems patterns
- How to develop Exchange features and functionality by setting expectations and feature priorities throughout development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using C#, JSON, and our databases; designing and conducting unit tests.
- Thorough understanding of blockchain fundamentals in the context of real-world, useable blockchain platforms.