PR, Communications, & Social Media About the company
Abra enables you to invest in bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, easily, quickly, and securely. Our vision is an open, global financial system that is easily accessible to everyone.
About Us: https://www.abra.com/about-us/
Abra in the News: https://www.abra.com/press/ About the position
We are seeking an experienced communications professional to accelerate the awareness and adoption of Abra and to help shape our story. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, our ideal candidate is creative, ambitious, and resourceful, and has a data-driven, results-oriented mindset. You should possess a mix of strategic thinking, creative messaging and an exceptional ability to collaborate and communicate.
You are also energized by the prospect of joining a rapidly growing startup in one of today's most exciting industries where you will shape the strategy, roll your sleeves up, and have a tremendous impact.Why don't you have a title for this job, like "Manager" or "Director"?
The "right" candidate for this role can take many forms. Soft skills are as important as hard skills and maybe more so in startups, particularly in fast-changing industries such as ours. Given that, candidates with a range of experience will be considered, and the level of the role will be set appropriately. This is not an entry-level job however and applicants without any relevant experience will not be considered.What you'll do:
Who you are:
- Own strategy and tactics for our public facing communication channels including social media
- Actively manage our social media accounts
- Establish and maintain strong direct relationships with key members of the media
- Hire and manage external PR resources, when appropriate
- Educate key stakeholders internally on media interactions and how to deliver the Abra story
- Measure the effectiveness of communications delivered & iterate accordingly
What we offer:
- 3-10 years of relevant experience. Could be more; not less (grammar check: "not fewer.")
- Proven track record of creating highly successful media relations and social media programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - able to simplify complex topics in a friendly and approachable manner for both executive and end-user audiences
- Solid judgment and the ability to respond quickly, yet thoughtfully, to urgent PR matters
- Strong ability to influence without direct authority
- Flexibility and willingness to travel periodically
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player who is willing to roll up his/her sleeves to get the job done, including drafting press releases, crafting pitches, pulling media lists and outreach
- Think and act like an owner, with high standards for quality and also a bias for action
- Medical, Dental, and 401K
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity, commensurate with a company at our stage
- Catered lunch daily with both healthy and unhealthy options and an office stocked with snacks across the spectrum
- Unlimited PTO. We trust you to get your work done.
- Work in one of the hottest and fastest-changing industries around - it's an amazing environment for learning and professional growth
- The opportunity to shape your own role and have a very high impact on the company