Elliptic is the world's leading Blockchain intelligence company. We identify illicit activity in cryptocurrencies, and our clients include financial institutions and law enforcement agencies.
We have built the world's largest database of verifiable identities associated with cryptocurrency addresses in order to provide actionable intelligence to our clients. We are looking for an ambitious, passionate Data Analyst to help drive our intelligence gathering activities forward. This involves a combination of manual and automated curation activities to identify entities and activity on the blockchain.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for implementing our data collection and management strategy
- Collaborate on the design and execution of data gathering initiatives
- Analyse and interpret cryptocurrency usage behaviours and trends on the clear and dark web
- Work with Data Scientists to identify new data patterns and research opportunities
- Manual curation of our dataset
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, etc.
- Experience in scraping webpages, APIs, etc.
- Experience with managing large, unstructured datasets
- Self-motivated with excellent attention to detail and time management
- A degree in a quantitative subject
Bonus points for:
- Interest and experience with Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies
- Familiarity with SQL
- Exposure to Big Data problems and tools
- Appetite for discussions about economics, money, identity and privacy
- Share options
- Flexible working policy
- Private health insurance