Partnerships Lead & Business Development Lead, Pay (London)
Circle is on a mission to make it possible for everyone, everywhere to create and share value. We're building a new kind of consumer finance. Unlike existing systems that are closed and proprietary, we use open internet standards and protocols, including the blockchain, to build our products.
We've already made sending money around the world free and as easy as sending a text with Circle Pay. With Circle Trade, we're market makers for the top crypto currencies and offer OTC trading services. Now, we're expanding our offerings by building a cryptocurrency investment product ( https://invest.circle.com ) to enable anyone to buy and sell cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
What does that mean for the global economy? It's more open. More inclusive. And more empowering.
As Partnerships Lead, your role is to identify, assess, develop and execute strategic partnerships with the aim of growing our active user base in the UK and Ireland, along with generating awareness of the product within our target demographics. The role reports directly to the Director of Marketing, Europe.What you'll work on
What you'll bring to Circle
- Manage the end to end process of partnership development for Circle Pay in the UK & Ireland
- Identify a list of potential partners based off Circle Pay’s target audiences & use cases
- Develop and implement a strategic approach for assessing and prioritizing business opportunities
- Build relationships with target organisations to collaborate on how a potential partnership may work
- Negotiate favourable terms for each partnership, ensuring each deal is modelled to a strict CPA
- Manage the execution of any partnership, working in collaboration with key stakeholders in the business, such as creative and legal teams
- Take a test and learn approach to partnerships - test the water with a view of it building into an extended deal that provides long term benefit for both organisations
- Report on the effectiveness of each partnership, using data to help prioritise & develop future ventures
- Leverage and work with other marketing functions such as paid marketing, growth, PR & CLM to amplify any partnership execution
- Has strong links to the startup scene in the UK
- 2+ years experience in Business Development required
- Superb negotiation skills
- Experience in sales or product management preferred
- Creative yet very pragmatic; you find new ways to market and develop partnerships for Circle and make things happen
- Passionate about Circle and its mission to connect every person in the world through an open, global network of value exchange
- Has superb oral and written communication skills
- Loves a challenge and is extremely perseverant
- A fantastic multi-tasker; an ability & desire to get stuck into a variety of different tasks
- A team player and strong communicator; you can rally people behind a need
- Self-motivated and comfortable with working autonomously
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville and we're backed by $140 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat) and Accel Partners.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay for iOS and Android today!