Blockchain Engineer (Boston)
Circle is on a mission to make it possible for everyone, everywhere to create and share value. We're building a new kind of consumer finance. Unlike existing systems that are closed and proprietary, we use open internet standards and protocols, including the blockchain, to build our products.
We've already made sending money around the world free and as easy as sending a text with Circle Pay. With Circle Trade, we're market makers for the top crypto currencies and offer OTC trading services. Now, we're expanding our offerings by building a cryptocurrency investment product ( https://invest.circle.com ) to enable anyone to buy and sell cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
What does that mean for the global economy? It's more open. More inclusive. And more empowering.
We are passionate about building social payments experiences that our users (and friends) love. Circle’s engineering team enables us to do that at scale, supporting customers all over the world and processing millions of transactions across multiple currencies in a reliable, secure and fast way.What you'll work on
What you'll bring
- Working with a team of expert developers to develop world class crypto assets platform.
- Designing and implementing different blockchain technologies into Circle’s internal platform.
- Establishing and maintaining the environments in which blockchain solutions can be implemented, including development, testing, and production environments
- Maintain a continuous integration pipeline for the development and testing of applications
- Interest in blockchain development and crypto-currencies.
- Interest in impacting the way money moves between people
- Experienced in building large-scale, secured, distributed systems
- Experience working closely with internal teams to identify requirements and iterate on solutions
- Strong understanding of Blockchain concepts.
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville and we're backed by $140 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat) and Accel Partners.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay for iOS and Android today!