Back To All Jobs Commercial Counsel
San Francisco, CA
We are building a world-class legal team to support Coinbase and its affiliates as we continue to grow the company domestically and internationally. We are looking to hire a strong commercial attorney to facilitate our growth through reviewing, drafting and negotiating complex technology, financial services, and vendor agreements. You will partner with our internal departments to develop new policies and procedures and manage legal risk to ensure compliance with Coinbase's high standards. As we expand our offerings, your ideas and contributions will make an immediate impact. Responsibilities:
- Draft and negotiate a wide range of contracts including services, consulting, licensing, non disclosure, and other commercial, financial services and technology related agreements
- Work as part of the Legal team and cross-functionally with other teams on a variety of commercial matters
- Work closely with members of the Legal team to develop and improve applicable forms, processes, and procedures
- Coordinate commercial and vendor onboarding efforts across internal teams
- Miscellaneous legal projects that arise within the Legal team.
- J.D. degree with 3+ years of contracts experience within technology or financial services
- Expertise in drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial, licensing and other technology related agreements
- Superior analytical ability with experience owning projects from concept to finish
- A collaborative style with the ability to work with little or no supervision
- The ability to perform well under tight deadlines and thrive in a rapidly evolving environment
- Membership in at least one state bar (preferably California)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey legal advice to internal business clients
- Sound and practical business judgment
What to Send:
- Interest in or basic knowledge in blockchain technology and cryptocurrency.
- Experience in regulated financial services industry is a plus.
- A resume or LinkedIn profile.
- A few paragraphs describing your interest in and fitness for the role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.