API Software Engineer (Boston)
Circle is on a mission to make it possible for everyone, everywhere to create and share value. We're building a new kind of consumer finance. Unlike existing systems that are closed and proprietary, we use open internet standards and protocols, including the blockchain, to build our products.
We've already made sending money around the world free and as easy as sending a text with Circle Pay. With Circle Trade, we're market makers for the top crypto currencies and offer OTC trading services. Now, we're expanding our offerings by building a cryptocurrency investment product ( https://invest.circle.com ) to enable anyone to buy and sell cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
What does that mean for the global economy? It's more open. More inclusive. And more empowering.
As part of the product engineering team, you’ll create and iterate upon product features that will shape the future of Circle’s product. You will join a team of engineers and designers that contribute ideas and code that help us to build an app that your friends and family love to use. What you'll work on
What you'll bring to Circle
- Take the lead in developing product features from initial specs and API development, to the public release and announcement
- Design and implement the APIs that Circle’s iOS, Android and Web clients run on
- Collaborate with a fun, passionate team to help craft solutions to problems using the latest technologies
- Learn more about Circle’s business domains while teaching others about development and design
- 3+ years of professional experience building/running an application in production using a modern web technology (Node.js, Ruby on Rails, Flask)
- Desire to build and maintain the backbone of our system which powers our iOS, Android and Web clients
- Passion for writing beautiful, functional and well tested code
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville and we're backed by $140 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat) and Accel Partners.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay for iOS and Android today!