Back To All Jobs Software Engineer (Intern) - Data Engineering
San Francisco Data Engineer Intern
The Data team at Coinbase is responsible for serving various teams' needs around fraud detection, blockchain analysis, business intelligence, anomaly detection, growth, etc. On the data team, you'll get the chance to build our next generation of data and machine learning pipelines and scoring systems from the ground-up. Our data pipeline moves several terabytes of data from our production database (Mongo) to analytical database (Redshift). We use machine learning to detect a variety of bad-actors on our platform including payment-fraudsters, risky users from a compliance perspective, users providing fake IDs, etc . We are at an early stage where you can have an outsized impact as well as flexibility on the tools and methodologies you choose to work with: Spark, Vowpal Wabbit, Storm, Kinesis, Redshift, etc.
Our team is split into 3 groups:
- Data - automates through machine learning as well as human examination
- Anti-Fraud - w orks to reduce fraud and protect Coinbase against bad actors
- Internal Tools - builds internal tools that facilitate the essential work of Coinbase's legal, compliance, BD and operational teams
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Thrives on learning new technologies and ability to quickly dev elop proficiency in coding standards, tools, estimation skills, and best practices
- Proficient in one or more programming languages i.e. Python, Panda, SQL, R