Data Analyst, Risk (Boston, San Francisco or Dublin)
Circle is on a mission to make it possible for everyone, everywhere to create and share value. We're building a new kind of consumer finance. Unlike existing systems that are closed and proprietary, we use open internet standards and protocols, including the blockchain, to build our products.
We've already made sending money around the world free and as easy as sending a text with Circle Pay. With Circle Trade, we're market makers for the top crypto currencies and offer OTC trading services. Now, we're expanding our offerings by building a cryptocurrency investment product ( https://invest.circle.com ) to enable anyone to buy and sell cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
What does that mean for the global economy? It's more open. More inclusive. And more empowering.
The task of preventing fraud and managing risk while reducing friction and providing great customer experience is critical for our business success. Our aim is to create best-in-class risk tools, methodologies and processes to keep Circle’s customers safe and secure.
We’re looking for a data analyst to join our savvy risk team and leverage our data in smart ways to optimize our policies, detect malicious behaviors and deliver actionable business insights. If that kind of challenge sounds exciting, and you’d like to make an impact on a high growth business that aim to revolutionize consumer finance, keep reading.
*We are open to applicants in Boston, USA, San Francisco, USA, and Dublin, IrelandWhat you'll work on:
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Design, implement and track impactful policies, rules and procedures that will prevent and mitigate financial risk using big data analysis.
- Identify gaps in our risk decisioning and work closely with product, data science and engineering teams to develop creative solutions.
- Contribute to all risk functions through data analysis – risk operations, analytics, policy, data science and engineering.
- Drive improvements to Circle’s suite of fraud prevention tools.
- Investigate fraud patterns quantitatively and qualitatively, be able to generalize from specific cases and validate your solutions with data.
- Build automated dashboards and monitoring and alerting frameworks.
- Communicate to partners and vendors our efforts as well as our needs.
- Focus on automation – actively work on replacing manual work and processes with automated logics and procedures.
- 3+ years industry experience using analytics (or related technical discipline) to drive key business decisions.
- Bachelors’ or above in CS, Engineering, Physics, Math, Statistics, Business, Economics or related field
- Proficiency in SQL and experience mining large, messy datasets.
- Proficiency in statistical data analysis methods and expertise in at least one statistical analysis tool (e.g. R, Python, SAS, etc.).
- An innovative mind looking to suggest new solutions to old problems.
- Strong organizational, analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand complex business problems, break down analytics projects into a structured approach and formalize complex ideas into a well defined logic.
- Curious, quick learner, proactive and action-oriented – fraudsters are moving fast, we should move faster.
- Risk / fraud / Trust and Safety experience.
- Payment / FinTech industry experience.
- Digital currency understanding and interest.
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville and we're backed by $140 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat) and Accel Partners.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay for iOS and Android today!