Gem is a blockchain start-up based in Venice Beach, CA that accelerates the deployment of blockchain solutions for enterprises and industries. We're working with visionary companies in the automotive insurance, healthcare, and supply chain industries. We work step by step with our customers to design, build, and scale blockchain projects. Our mission is to link together the world's business data using GemOS, the enterprise blockchain data exchange and collaboration platform. We want to empower the hearts and minds of capable innovators who are stuck with technology that can't solve their problems. We see age-old problems in the world that can be solved in entirely new ways, and we feel compelled to do something about it.
Gem's Project Manager will be an eager, self directed, highly organized, exceptional communicator who brings sanity to the software development life cycle. Their passion for technology is second only to their love for building meaningful relationships on a team. The Project Manager will anticipate day to day needs and assist with production of high-quality work for our blockchain platform, with a focus on connecting the necessary dots for a successful launch, building and maintaining a testing community, and implementing improvements once feedback is received. The Project Manager will be at the center of it all, using their pull to keep us in orbit.
What you'll do
- Be the one we look to who owns the projects and knows where we're at every step of the way
- Thoroughly document and follow up on team decisions, issues and action items as soon as needs are identified. You are proactive about communicating at every turn.
- Craft optimal schedules and manage discrepancies to project scope, timeline, and budget
- Take a chameleon approach to communication: you'll adapt to different communication styles and perspectives to make sure information is always clear
- Prioritize your own work and that of the team while working on multiple deliverables simultaneously
- Create and track documentation such as project plans, team decisions and outstanding issues, risk assessments and mitigation strategies.
What you'll need
- 4 or more years of experience working with clients and teams to build complex software and applications
- Experience managing the software development lifecycle is a MUST!
- A deeply rooted team player mentality - you are committed to always explaining the "why" behind decisions and derive great purpose from setting others up for success
- High EQ and empathy - you are an amazing communicator because you take the time to understand others' situations
- Strong opinions about process and best practices
- An understanding of what it takes to build digital software and applications and know how to work with developers through dependencies and technical challenges.
- Projects you have successfully transitioned from internal development to market
- A reputation for being the heartbeat of a team, you're beloved and highly respected
- Ability to work in the United States without sponsorship
- A Los Angeles address - no remote or relocators