Gem is a blockchain start-up based in Venice Beach, CA that accelerates the deployment of blockchain solutions for enterprises and industries. We're working with visionary companies in the automotive insurance, healthcare, and supply chain industries. We work step by step with our customers to design, build, and scale blockchain projects. Our mission is to link together the world's business data using GemOS, the enterprise blockchain data exchange and collaboration platform. We want to empower the hearts and minds of capable innovators who are stuck with technology that can't solve their problems. We see age-old problems in the world that can be solved in entirely new ways, and we feel compelled to do something about it.
To succeed in this role, you must be a thought leader, a driver, and help shape the direction as well as the deliverables for our GemOS platform. You'll develop a deep understanding of how customers can use distributed ledger technology through GemOS to solve some of their fundamental challenges related to unlocking value out of siloed data, single source of truth for their identities and compliance/regulations. Your passion for cutting edge technology and blockchain tech run deep, and you are rooted in solving tangible and critical problems for customers and their users.
What you'll do
- Lead product definition of foundational GemOS services supported by crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application built using GemOS platform
- Create buy-in for the technical product with internal teams.
- Define creative, high quality, simple technical product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision.
- Work with top engineers to translate the overall model into releases packed with customer value.
- Drive the benchmark for innovation, and establish the pattern for distributed ledger technology and services in cloud and hybrid scenarios.
What you'll need
- BS or Master's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- You're very comfortable understanding the system design of platforms and reading technical white papers...like ours.
- 5+ years of software development or product management experience in software platform companies
- 4+ years of experience designing enterprise and consumer software
- Passion for distributed technology and the blockchain space.
- Technical expertise and ability to communicate, work & build trust with technical teams.
- Demonstrated customer focus and end-to-end thinking across teams and experiences
- Highly effective communication and collaboration across teams
- Track record of high-quality, self-directed, timely execution, and attention to detail