Gem is a blockchain start-up based in Venice Beach, CA that accelerates the deployment of blockchain solutions for enterprises and industries. We're working with visionary companies in the automotive insurance, healthcare, and supply chain industries. We work step by step with our customers to design, build, and scale blockchain projects. Our mission is to link together the world's business data using GemOS, the enterprise blockchain data exchange and collaboration platform. We want to empower the hearts and minds of capable innovators who are stuck with technology that can't solve their problems. We see age-old problems in the world that can be solved in entirely new ways, and we feel compelled to do something about it.
Gem's Full Stack Engineer will love building robust, beautiful, user-centric applications and have strong opinions about best practices; they refuse to work on teams that don't write unit tests.
Technologies we use: Ruby on Rails, ReactJS, PostgreSQL, Java 8, Solidity.
What you'll do
- Understand the existing architecture and able to review it in terms of performance, scalability and security
- Develop and maintain applications that consume our internal microservices
- Construct beautiful user experience - work with product and design to craft engaging user experiences
- Work with our platform engineers to enhance and extend our core system architecture.
What you'll need
- Strong CS background (algorithms, data structures...)
- Proficiency with a scripting language like Ruby. Experience working with popular Ruby Gems like Devise and Grape
- Familiarity with Java and PostgreSQL
Nice to have
- NoSQL database and streaming pipeline experience
- Experience working with Docker containers