Gem is a blockchain start-up based in Venice Beach, CA that accelerates the deployment of blockchain solutions for enterprises and industries. We're working with visionary companies in the automotive insurance, healthcare, and supply chain industries. We work step by step with our customers to design, build, and scale blockchain projects. Our mission is to link together the world's business data using GemOS, the enterprise blockchain data exchange and collaboration platform. We want to empower the hearts and minds of capable innovators who are stuck with technology that can't solve their problems. We see age-old problems in the world that can be solved in entirely new ways, and we feel compelled to do something about it.
Our engineers are involved in all parts of the product lifecycle: idea generation, design, prototyping, planning, execution, and shipping. Our work starts with brainstorming to discover, explore, and understand our customer's greatest challenges in the visual and technical spaces.
Technologies we use
Our front-end stack is composed of Typescript, CSS modules, React, Redux, Webpack, TSLint and Jest.
What you'll do
- Implement the features and user interfaces of various blockchain driven applications
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products powered by the GemOS platform
What you'll need
- Strong CS background (algorithms, data structures...)
- HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility and accessibility
- Experience with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance
Nice to have
- Proficiency with a scripting language like Ruby or Python
- Understanding of Docker containers