DevSecOps & Site Reliability Engineer (Boston)
Circle is on a mission to make it possible for everyone, everywhere to create and share value. We're building a new kind of consumer finance. Unlike existing systems that are closed and proprietary, we use open internet standards and protocols, including the blockchain, to build our products.
We've already made sending money around the world free and as easy as sending a text with Circle Pay. With Circle Trade, we're market makers for the top crypto currencies and offer OTC trading services. Now, we're expanding our offerings by building a cryptocurrency investment product ( https://invest.circle.com ) to enable anyone to buy and sell cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
What does that mean for the global economy? It's more open. More inclusive. And more empowering.
Circle is looking for a DevSecOps Engineer to help keep our Circle Pay platform secure. The DevSecOps Engineer is a hands-on role that requires a high degree of technical security expertise within the AWS ecosystem. The person is responsible for security related tasks as well as contributing to overall site reliability. Primary responsibilities include implementing security features and monitoring tools, performing periodic security assessments, making practical recommendations to reduce risks, and then helping realize the change. The DevSecOps Engineer must have experience in prevention and remediation of security vulnerabilities for a consumer-facing application running on AWS. The individual is part of the Operations team and when necessary to will help build and deploy AWS solutions.
The DevSecOps Engineer will work with the Circle Security team to mature and maintain security procedure and tools, and will assist the Circle Compliance team during audits and examinations.What you'll work on
What you'll bring to Circle
- Collaborate to create security focused tools and frameworks in Python
- Investigate and resolve security violations by providing postmortem analysis to illuminate the issue, and identify causes, possible solutions, and preventative measures
- Create security focused dashboards in Splunk and Kibana to provide high value insights
- Work with the Circle Compliance team during audits and examinations
- Pitch in with other Site Reliability Engineers on the Operations team when necessary to help build and deploy AWS solutions
- A strong security background with at least two year's experience in a hands-on information security role, ideally on an IaaS platform
- Able to identify and code algorithms for spotting suspicious activity in system and application logs.
- Experience using AWS security monitoring technologies CloudTrail, CloudWatch and Kinesis Analytics
- Good understanding of networking (VLAN's, Routers, VPNs, DNS)
- Experience with IDS/IPS systems like Snort or Suricata
- Experience using WAF tools like AWS Shield/WAF or Cloudflare
- Hands on experience mitigating DDOS attacks
- Experience with PKI and PGP
- Experience in performing security vulnerability assessments
- Experience working in a regulated environment such as PCI or SOX
- Experience with databases such as Postgres, Redshift or MySQL
- Prior exposure to modern CI/CD pipelines
- Experience running blockchain nodes on networks such as Bitcoin, Ethereum or Monero
- Open-source project contributions
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville and we're backed by $140 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat) and Accel Partners.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay for iOS and Android today!