Director of Engineering - Platform
At Circle, we're shaking up the global economy by making money simple. With us, you can send money like a text — instant, secure and free — whether your friend is across the table or across the ocean. How exactly are we doing this? Unlike existing systems that are closed and proprietary, we use open internet standards and protocols, including the blockchain (allowing us to offer this service for free). Our mission is to connect every person in the world by exchanging value across borders, between currencies and among friends.
As a senior member of the platform organization you'll coach engineering managers building teams responsible for crypto-currency and fiat payment systems, trading infrastructure and a range of back-office applicationsWhat you'll work on
What you'll bring to Circle
- Co-ordinate larger-scale, cross-functional features across teams
- Partner with product managers to ensure the platform teams' contributions align with product release schedules
- Help engineers grow in their own career paths, learning new technologies and taking on increasingly challenging projects
Nice to have
- Experience coaching new managers in building productive engineering teams
- Excellent communication skills, able to listen to and share ideas, effectively present concepts and work with remote teams
- Experience with designing, building and deploying secure, scalable services in the cloud
- Results-oriented focus, encouraging managers to set and track goals for themselves and their teams
- Able to coordinate the development of cross-team features between engineering teams, product managers and our technical operations team
- Champion best practices and seek improvements to our agile processes
- An interest in making an impact to the way money moves between people globally
- Experience with REST APIs and SQL Databases
- Experience with payment gateways or real-time trading systems
- Interest in crypto-currency and blockchain technology
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville and we're backed by $140 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat) and Accel Partners.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay for iOS and Android today.