Back To All Jobs Disputes and Regulatory Counsel
San Francisco, CA
We are building a world-class legal team to support Coinbase and its affiliates as we continue to expand the company internationally. We are looking for exceptional Disputes & Regulatory counsel to enhance our global legal team.
The Disputes & Regulatory Counsel is based in our headquarters in San Francisco, CA and will report directly to the VP of Legal. Working closely with legal team colleagues, business executives, senior customer support and compliance staff throughout the company, you will take a leadership role in building and scaling the Company's process to escalate and resolve consumer disputes, third-party subpoenas, and customer litigation. You will also take a leadership role in advising the company on all aspects of state and federal consumer finance regimes in relation to user contracts, consumer-facing disclosures, receipts, and other aspects of customer operations. The ideal candidate will have several years in-house experience advising financial services firms in connection with litigation and consumer dispute matters. General Responsibilities
- Manage and scale the company's customer dispute resolution process. You will work closely with support team leads and legal colleagues to establish a scalable, efficient, and responsive solution.
- Manage and budget supporting legal vendors. You will establish efficient fee arrangements and quality control processes to ensure consistent, high quality legal support.
- Provide legal advice on all aspects of consumer financial protection and state money transmitter laws to legal team colleagues, business executives, and senior compliance staff.
- Lead engagement with state and federal authorities, bank partners, and other third parties on consumer protection matters.
What to Send
- An outstanding practitioner, capable of operating as a senior member of the legal team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Several years in-house and management experience is preferred.
- Creative team manager committed to continuous learning and comfort building a close working relationship with operational staff and business colleagues that share a passion for improving our customer experience.
- Operational experience at a financial services firm is strongly preferred, including familiarity with the Electronic Fund Transfer Act and its implementing regulations, including Reg E, state money transmitter laws, the New York Bitlicense, and the Bank Secrecy Act and related implementing regulations and guidance in relation to Money Services Businesses.
- Seasoned judgement, analytical rigor, and enthusiastic collaboration with legal and business colleagues is critical. You must be able to provide crisp and pragmatic legal advice, often in circumstances where the law is unclear.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- A resume or LinkedIn profile.
- A few paragraphs describing your interest in and fitness for the role.