Elliptic is the world's leading Blockchain intelligence company. We identify illicit activity on the Bitcoin blockchain, and our clients include financial institutions and law enforcement agencies.What's the role?
Elliptic is looking for an ambitious, passionate data professional to drive design and implementation of our cutting-edge blockchain analysis platform. Backend engineering is the foundation for all of Elliptic's offerings. The role is truly cross functional, with lots of diverse projects to work on and a great opportunity to display your abilities and build on them. We leverage open source technologies but have also written our own high-performance in-memory data pipeline and analytics engine. This is a full-time role in our London office.
What you'll do:
- Design and build enhancements to our data platform (predominantly in Java) - cleansing, enriching, storing, serving, and writing algorithms on billions of data points
- Research, prototype, and recommend new technologies and frameworks
- Write first-class production code on a daily basis to satisfy product requirements
- Document best practices and act as a subject-matter expert for back-end engineering
- Collaborate across the data scientists, engineers, and analysts to ensure alignment
- Bring an entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit to the team
- Be willing to mentor other engineers when necessary
- Be part of a fast-paced, agile environment
We want innovators who work hard and have fun during the process!
In addition to a passion for solving difficult problems, an ideal candidate should possess the following skills:
Bonus points for:
- 3+ years industry experience working with Java
- Familiarity with data pipelines and modeling for analytic scenarios (SQL or NoSQL)
- Enthusiasm for learning new technologies and applying them appropriately (avoiding one-size-fits all solutions)
- Proficiency with Linux
- Strong CS fundamentals, including good working knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and concurrency.
- Rigor in engineering best-practices (documentation, code reviews, automated testing, CI etc.)
- Excellent attention to detail and understanding requirements beyond the written word
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of JVM languages beyond Java (e.g. Scala)
- Experience with Python & Bash scripting
- Familiarity with DevOps tools (e.g. Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience with cloud providers (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- Exposure to graph databases (e.g. Neo4j)
- Expertise with real-time analytics and big data technologies (e.g. Spark, GraphX, Hadoop, Akka, ELK, etc.)
- Appetite for discussions about economics, money, identity and privacy
- Interest in cryptocurrencies
- Knowledge of and liking for a functional programming approach
- Share options
- Private health insurance
- Work pension scheme
- Shiny new laptop
- Quarterly full day offsites
- Annual company 3 day offsite
- Coffee and beer!
Elliptic is not a traditional financial services firm. We pride ourselves on having a laid-back and friendly ethos, while still expecting great things from our team. Fascinating work is the norm - working at Elliptic is never boring!No recruitment agencies!