Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing and securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which together with Coinbase and the Centre Consortium oversees the standards and protocol for what has become the fastest growing, regulated, fully-reserved stablecoin. USDC now stands at well over $10 billion market cap and is adding nearly $300 million net new digital dollars in circulation every week.Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, and platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services and commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce. What you'll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity. What you'll be responsible for:
This role will successfully implement best-in-class payroll management to develop people, and processes. Will coordinate our payroll efforts across the globe as needed. The role includes performing all activities necessary to process and oversee regional payrolls for employees, maintaining related records, documenting, and updating procedures, and streamlining our systems and processes. The position is also accountable for the management of the day-to-day activities within the payroll department and providing support to the Talent, Finance, and other internal/external clients. Participate in other duties as needed such as benefits management, reconciliation, and immigration. What you'll work on:
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Manage payroll activities and or program components to ensure efficient department functionality, including compliance with all country, federal, state, and local tax laws, company policies and procedures.
- Ability to manage international payrolls (UK, Ireland etc), assisting with creating appropriate segregation of duties and oversight to ensure protection of PII (Personal Identifiable information).
- Partner with internal departments including finance, IT, and legal, security, compliance, and manage external payroll service vendor relationships including PEO's and EOR.
- Develop and oversee the preparation of various payroll related documents (e.g. SOC1 reports, retirement plan transfers, payroll registers, stop payments, W2 controls, etc.).
- Remain current on new legislation and regulatory ruling impacting payroll. Enforce adherence and advise management on required actions.
- Ensure accurate and timely payment and reporting of compensation payable to employees.
- Review and approve all Regional payroll funding, wires, and manual check requests.
- Develop and implement appropriate payroll related policies and procedures (both systematic and user functional) to ensure data integrity, while minimizing manual effort, to ensure compliance.
- Implement new approaches, policies and procedures that affect continual improvements in efficiency of services performed.
- Function as a liaison between benefit carriers and employees.
- Ensures accuracy of enrollment data and performs regular audits.
- Ensure the accurate administration of all US employee benefits programs.
- Manage third party relationships including plan administrators, brokers, carriers, etc.
- Ensure compliance with required legal documents, reports and filings.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
- Bachelor's degree in related field, or equivalent experience
- Technical proficiency in Google Suite, ADP, and MacBook preferred
- Strong service orientation and accountability to problem resolution and end user support
- CPP highly preferred
- 5+ years payroll experience required; international payroll experience preferred
- Strong background in payroll tax payments and filings
- Excellent collaboration, organizational, time management, customer service and problem-solving skills and the ability to work accurately and meet deadlines with frequent interruptions
- Ability to assess team members' performance and provide motivational support
- Strong vendor relationship building skills
- Ability to identify and solve complex problems utilizing available resources
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects while paying strict attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional team setting
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.