Global Tax Director
Boston, USA - London, England - Dublin, Ireland
At Circle, we're shaking up the global economy by making money simple. With us, you can send money like a text — instant, secure and free — whether your friend is across the table or across the ocean. How exactly are we doing this? Unlike existing systems that are closed and proprietary, we use open internet standards and protocols, including the blockchain (allowing us to offer this service for free). Our mission is to connect every person in the world by exchanging value across borders, between currencies and among friends.
As the Global Tax Director, you’ll lead Circle’s tax strategy, compliance and provision activities as an integral part of the global finance team. You will provide hands-on leadership for all tax activities, including oversight of all Circle entities taxation in different jurisdictions, and calculation of tax provision for financial reporting purposes.What you'll work on
What you'll bring to Circle
- Responsible for the corporate tax filing and the preparation of tax provision process for all Circle entities in different jurisdictions not limited to UK, Ireland, USA
- Identify and manage risks related to tax compliance and implementation of a consistent tax strategy, including transfer pricing between related parties at Circle
- Prepare and execute the calendar of filing deliverables to ensure compliance with tax deliverables for US federal, state and foreign income taxes (including annual returns, Forms 8858, 5471, VAT filing, etc…)
- Manage relationships with external tax advisors and investors
- Provision of high quality and timely services on tax matters to global subsidiaries
- Research and analyze technical tax issues and their impact on tax provisions and disclosures
- Prepare tax disclosures for financial reporting purposes
- Evaluate and implement technology and processes to improve tax compliance
- 8-10+ years of international tax accountant experience in the financial services industry
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting
- Experience with global tax provision and compliance processes
- Independent self-starter, with a strong sense of accountability and attention to detail
- Strong research and analytical skills
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville and we're backed by $140 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat) and Accel Partners.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay for iOS and Android today.