At Circle, we're shaking up the global economy by making money simple. With us, you can send money like a text — instant, secure and free — whether your friend is across the table or across the ocean. How exactly are we doing this? Unlike existing systems that are closed and proprietary, we use open internet standards and protocols, including the blockchain (allowing us to offer this service for free). Our mission is to connect every person in the world by exchanging value across borders, between currencies and among friends.
As a Paralegal at Circle, you will provide a full range of corporate, regulatory and logistical support for the Legal Team. We are looking for someone to join a fast-growing team and who is self-initiating, team-oriented and capable of managing competing priorities.What you’ll work on
What you'll bring to Circle
- Provide support to Circle’s global legal operations
- Own and maintain of corporate governance records, including board minutes, consents, equity documents, capitalization table, third party contracts
- Prepare and file documentation relating to entity formation and maintenance
- Coordinate execution of signature pages for transaction documents
- Prioritize conflicting needs and proactively follow up, often under tight deadlines
- Analyze new service providers and develop strategies to streamline legal operations around cap table maintenance, document organization and storage, and coordination with non-legal teams on workflows
- Assist with gathering information; review, summarize and analyze data relative to corporate and regulatory changes and trends impacting the organization enterprise-wide
- Assist with drafting, editing, and processing of contracts and standard forms
- Manage corporate compliance calendar and assist with filing requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years experience at a financial institution or leading law firm
- Obsessively organized, with a creative problem-solving edge
- Maintain an energetic and positive attitude, especially under pressure
- Exercise discretion with highly confidential business information
- Fluent with Microsoft Office products and Google Apps
- Experience with corporate governance preferred
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville and we're backed by $140 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat) and Accel Partners.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay for iOS and Android today.